In addition to my love of animals, I also enjoy assisting owners and their gorgeous dogs, therefore I truly enjoyed my job. The great smiles on the owners’ and pets’ faces were probably the most satisfying experience I had on this excursion. I had the chance to care for hundreds of dogs the year before, and I got to have a brief conversation or two with each of their owners. Positively, I think that dogs, like humans, require a loving family with good intentions, a family residing in a home full of joy and affection.
Pitbull Bulldog Mix
Pitbull Bulldog Mix, commonly referred to as Bullypit, is a hybrid between an American Bulldog and an American Pitbull. It can weigh between 70 and 120 pounds and is a medium-sized dog that stands between 20 and 25 inches tall. This hybrid has a 10- to 13-year lifetime. Costs for Bully Pit puppies range from $250 to $2,000.
The American Bulldog/Pitbull cross is evidence that a dog’s breed should never be used to define them. This lovely, devoted hybrid dog, often known as a Bully Pit, regrettably inherited the unfavorable image of its parents, the American Bulldog and the American Pit Bull Terrier.
We’re clearing the air and dispelling the top five misconceptions about this misunderstood crossbreed.
Appearance, Personality, and Traits of a Pitbull crossed with Bulldog
Typically, a Bulldog-Pitbull hybrid has a smooth, glossy coat, huge feet proportionate to a muscular frame, and a large head and mouth. Similar to this, some people have large breasts and a strong back.
Owners have also remarked on its goofy lips and harsh smile, which gives the impression that it is grinning directly at them.
The Bulldog-Pitbull crosses both of their multicolored parents, and as a result, their coats come in a variety of hues, including black, brown, and other hues.
The following table lists its distinguishing features and appearance:
|Pitbull Bulldog Mix About 25 inches tall
|medium to large, depending on favored parent
|Short, glossy, and smooth
|Chocolate, Brown, Black, White, or a mixture of any two or three of those
|Amount of Shedding
|Little to none at all
|Color varies, but they are never white
|Short muzzle and black nose
|Ears are high on the head,
|Overprotective and reserved. If not trained and socialized properly, it because too aggressive
|No, unless socialized and trained
|New Owner Friendly
Pitbull mixed with Bulldog Health Problems
With this dog, you may anticipate many years of friendship. This crossbreed, though, is also more prone to some genetic disorders, particularly those that are common in its parent breeds.
Your Bulldog Pitbull hybrid may also be susceptible to hip and elbow dysplasia as the American Bulldog and Pit Bull Terrier are both susceptible breeds. Due to its short coat, this hybrid dog is also susceptible to infections and skin allergies. The Pitbull Bulldog hybrid may be more susceptible to respiratory issues as a result of its Bulldog ancestry.
Most American Bulldog Pitbull crosses are also cold-intolerant due to their short, thin coats. If you want to take your dog outside on chilly days, be careful to wrap them up.
Where can I find an American Bulldog and Pitbull mix for sale?
The best place to purchase an American Bulldog/Pitbull hybrid is from a reputable breeder. However, it may be challenging to locate breeders of this particular hybrid; therefore, your next-best alternative is to get in touch with American Bulldog and Pit Bull Terrier breeders:
- Grand Future Kennel (Nevada and California)
- Bull Pull American Bulldogs (Maryland)
- Red Wood Kennels (Georgia)
- Pack of Pitts Kennels (Western New York)
Bulldog Pitbull Mix Grooming
Both the American Bulldog and the American Pitbull Terrier do not have heavy shedding tendencies. As a result, it should come as no surprise that the Pitbull/Bulldog mix’s smooth and lustrous coat doesn’t shed much and doesn’t need a lot of upkeep.
- You do not need to brush the coat of the crossbreed every day because their fur is short. Use a soft bristle brush no more than four days a week, but at least once or twice.
- However, the Bulldog/Pitbull mix’s fur does shed very frequently during the shedding season. It is advised to daily brush their coat and hair when this happens.
- It is not necessary to shampoo your Pitbull/Bulldog mix because doing so too frequently will dry up the pup’s skin. Instead, the dog can occasionally be cleaned with a damp washcloth. By using this technique, you can maintain them clean and get rid of some stray fur.
- Since their coat requires all the natural oils on the skin, the full bath should only be provided once each month. The following essential regions require attention in any case, whether you pat them down or give them a bath.
- Teeth brushing is a standard procedure in dog grooming, and it’s important not just for proper oral hygiene but also in particular for preventing annoying dental issues. One’s attention must be focused on the ears. Check the ears frequently for redness, wax buildup, and obnoxious ear mites.
- To prevent the claws and scratches from damaging the furnishings in your home, the nails should also be cut. However, keep in mind that proper technique and care must be used during trimming to prevent complications and infections.
Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Get a Pitbull crossed with Bulldog
- It is Affectionate: Although all dogs are typically aggressive, the Pitbull/Bulldog combination amps it up. They frequently bite and attack kids and other animals who are unknown to them. If the dog is left unattended and allowed to run loose in the park, accidents like these frequently occur. Because the dog’s aggression can easily spiral out of control, the owner would need to be sincere in their observation and interest in putting the dog outside.
- It is impatient: When their energy is overexcited to a certain degree, bulldog/pitbull mix dogs are difficult to control. They would want to go outside and would not give the owner any thought about their “me time.” This crossbreed’s enthusiasm-seeking attitude would sometimes require the owner to go above and beyond, which might wear thin over time.
- It is too barky: This dog has very high levels of barking propensity. As a result, it has an easier time barking loudly than the majority of dog hybrids. This dog will bark incessantly in response to even the smallest sounds or voices until the disturbance has subsided. In other words, the dog barks abruptly, which can get old after a while.
Reasons Why You Should Get a Bulldog combined with Pitbull
- Affectionate: The Pitbull and Bulldog mix would make the perfect addition to your household and be utterly beloved. Its level of affection is really high, assuring you of the crossbreed’s devotion for you. With this progeny, one can cuddle up as often as desired.
- Loyal: The crossbred offspring of the Pitbull and Bulldog parents inherits the well-known feature of fierce loyalty to its owners. The Pitbull Bulldog Mix will be devoted to its primary owner and obediently carry out their instructions. Additionally, the loyalty is practically unmatched due to its powerful and protective character.
- Active: For energetic owners searching for a dog to bring along for a brief run or workout, the Bulldog Pitbull mix’s energy is great. The crossbreed is sure to join one in their daily cardio routine with its liveliness and excitement. Additionally, the dog will probably make the owner exercise, which can only be beneficial.
The Bully Pit is undoubtedly more complex than first appears. These dogs are kind and affectionate when properly taught and socialized, especially around children. American Bulldog Pitbull hybrids are devoted and watchful, making them excellent security dogs.
Sadly, a Pitbull Bulldog hybrid is not the best breed for a beginner dog owner. This crossbreed requires a self-assured, powerful pack leader who can give stern, constant direction from puppyhood.
Pitbull Bulldog Mix FAQ
What is a Bulldog Pitbull mix called?
A Bulldog Pitbull mix is commonly referred to as a “Bullypit” or “Pitbull Bulldog mix.” It is a crossbreed between an American Bulldog and an American Pitbull Terrier.
Are Pitbull Bulldog mixes good dogs?
The temperament and behavior of a Pitbull Bulldog mix can vary depending on individual traits and how they are raised and trained. Generally, they can make loyal, affectionate, and protective companions. However, it is important to note that responsible ownership, socialization, and training are crucial for any dog breed, including Pitbull Bulldog mixes.
What is the lifespan of a Pitbull Bulldog mix?
The lifespan of a Pitbull Bulldog mix, like most dog breeds, can vary. On average, they can live between 10 to 15 years, depending on factors such as genetics, diet, exercise, and overall health care.
Is an English Bulldog a Pitbull?
No, an English Bulldog is not a Pitbull. English Bulldogs and Pitbulls are two distinct breeds. English Bulldogs are known for their distinctive appearance, characterized by a stocky build, wrinkled face, and underbite, while Pitbulls, often referred to as American Pitbull Terriers, are known for their muscular build and athletic abilities. They have different origins, temperaments, and physical traits.